Friday 30 January 2015

Thoughts about the first few weeks of this course.

The first few weeks of this course have certainly been demanding. Unlike most intro to computer science classes, this one has weekly quizzes and requires students to fill in a weekly blog (which, in case your wondering, is why I'm wrote this post. I love you, my dear reader, but not enough to do this without academic incentive). And while no one blog entry or quiz totally does me in- they do chip away at my stamina slowly.

Right now, my focus is on the first term test. The quizzes have given me at least some idea of what to expect, so I know what my strengths are (probably recursion) and what my weaknesses are (which I'm not sharing with you, although I'll give you a hint: it rhymes with "gunction design recipe").

Preparing for a CS midterm isn't like preparing for any other. You need to master the truly backwards art of programming without making stupid mistakes. And lets face it- which CS teacher hasn't made a minor programming mistake during a lecture at least once? I need to get used to writing pseudo code which would actually run if inputted into python. And since I've spent the majority of this week working on CSC165, I now gotta make sure I get enough practice in for this course.

That's all for today. I'll try to do another blog post before the first midterm.

No comments:

Post a Comment